Modern society places a great deal of emphasis on personal appearance and nowhere is that focus on beauty more readily apparent than in the current obsession on achieving the perfect smile. Everyone wants to have healthy and attractive teeth and gums to present the best possible image to the world. That has led to a massive increase in the popularity of cosmetic dental services, as both young and old alike race to correct any observable imperfection in their mouths. If you’ve been wondering whether dental techniques can improve your smile, here are some essential facts about cosmetic dentistry you need to know.
- The “beautiful smile” craze is not as recent or as modern as you might have thought. Thanks to archaeological discoveries, we now know that mankind has had at least some interest in healthy and attractive teeth for more than 2,700 years. The ancient Etruscans apparently created replacement teeth made from bone, ivory, and other materials, and also developed fillings and crowns made of gold.
- Modern cosmetic dentistry is designed to use procedures that preserve your natural appearance. That wasn’t always true in past eras. So, if you’re worried that cosmetic dentistry will radically alter your appearance, relax. It will improve weak areas, but you will still look like you.
- Professional whitening really is superior to those store-bought options. If you’ve been led to believe that over the counter solutions are just as effective and safe, then think again. Just an hour of cosmetic dentist whitening can leave your teeth as many as ten shades lighter!
- Cosmetic dentistry is important, but it is not a substitute for sound dental habits. So, if you smoke, drink coffee, or consume sugary beverages, you may negate all of the positive benefits your dentist can provide. Develop healthy habits to maximize the results you receive from the dental clinic.
- Cosmetic dentistry can help you get on the path to the perfect smile of your dreams – and it all starts with a smile analysis! That assessment can analyze not only you teeth, jaw, and gums, but other facial features as well. That analysis helps them to understand how your various facial attributes work together to provide you with the best possible image.
- Cosmetic dentists have a wide variety of tools and techniques available to them. With those tools and procedures, they can help you with almost any dental goal: whitening for a brighter smile, fixing tooth alignment issues, correcting gaps in teeth, replacing missing teeth, and more.
- All of these techniques can help you to correct imbalances in your smile, and restore or elevate your self-esteem and confidence.
At Ebenezer Dental, we always strive to provide you with superior cosmetic services that can help you meet your oral health and appearance needs. Our goal is to ensure that your teeth and gums are as healthy and attractive as they can be, to help you enjoy greater success and happiness in every area of your life. To find out more about how the best dentist in midtown Manhattan can help you with your perfect smile, contact us today!